El Centre de recherche du château de Versailles, en el marco de su programa de investigación 2014-2016, lanza un call for papers sobre Etiqueta cortesana en la Edad Moderna, con la intención de publicar los artículos seleccionados en el Bulletin du Centre de recherche du château de Versailles.
RESEARCH THEMES (NOT EXHAUSTIVE)
Article proposals can deal with one or several of the following themes and lines of enquiry:
- The definition of etiquette;
- The origins and emergence of etiquette;
- The nature of etiquette in relation to court ritual;
- The circumstances in which etiquette was applied (large household, ceremonial occasions, rituals) and etiquette according to topography, and vice versa;
- Etiquette as a political tool, or a means to control or civilise;
- Who determines or arbitrates on matters of etiquette?;
- Are courtisans the protagonists, driving force or victims of etiquette?;
- A Europe-wide expansion of etiquette.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES AND EVALUATION PROCEDURES
First, article proposals (abstracts of about 5 000 characters) should be adressed to Mathieu da Vinha in French or in English. These proposals will be reviewed by the scientific committee.
If the proposals are accepted by the scientific committee, the full articles will be examined both by the latter and by two members of the Centre de recherche du château de Versailles’s peer review committee (or by external scholars appointed by the scientific or peer review committee if necessary).
Articles must be submitted before 28 February 2017.
Proposals can be submitted in the following langages: French, English, German, Italian, Spanish.
The final articles will be 40 000 characters maximum (bibliography and footnotes included).
Authors should comply with the editorial guidelines of the Bulletin du Centre de recherche du château de Versailles (in french).